This will probably be a boring post, but I print this blog out every year and it is a record of our day to day journeys so that is why I have been writing a lot more of the common things that go on in our house. So feel free to skip this post :)
The past week I have had a lot of time to think. I usually can't fall asleep until about 3am. I don't know why because I am sooooooo exhausted, but I am not the least bit sleepy. Of course my thoughts typically turn to being a mother of 2. I don't know what to expect at all. Everyone told me that having your first baby would turn your life upside down and that it would be such an adjustment. But to be honest I didn't feel like I had to adjust to anything. I am not sure if this was because all I ever wanted in life was to be a mom and I had waited a long time for it to happen, or if it was because we just took Aspen everywhere so our routine really didn't change much, or maybe even the fact that Aspen is such an easy child. It probably has to do with all three things. But this past year and half has been even better than I thought. As far as being a mom there have TONS of ups and not really very many downs. I was lucky and never got postpartum depression and I felt like I got the hang of things pretty quick.
But just thinking of 2 kids I wonder what it will be like. For me I think it will be much harder than the adjustment of having the first child. Having 2 kids in diapers, 2 kids on different schedules. I hope after a while Aspen will be potty trained and that I can get them both somewhat on the same schedule, but those first few months are going to be crazy. With Aspen I could just cuddle her all the time and it didn't matter if she kept me up at night because I knew I could just take a nap with her the next day. But this time around I will have Aspen to still take care of the next day. I worry about getting 2 kids ready and having to put 2 kids in car seats. I hope my back is up for carrying a baby carrier again. Since Aspen is so young I will not be able to leave this baby on the floor much or ever leave this baby in room without an adult. No putting Danny in his swing and taking a quick shower.
With all my worries I still know that Danny was meant to come into our family at this time. I know that it will all work out and I will figure things out as time goes on. I have been asked how I think Aspen will handle having a new baby in the home, but I really thing she will do great. I am sure it will be a little bit of adjustment, but I don't think it will be a hard adjustment for her. She is so good at playing by herself or getting toys and playing close to me. I think she will actually try and help "TOO" much and always want to maul the baby! Whenever I babysit my nephew or good friends baby Aspen is always concerned if they cry and wants to make sure they always have their Binky in even if they don't want it. She is also always trying to play with them and give them her toys. It is so cute. I am sure she will be a great little helper by getting me diapers or things that I need.
I had my 36 week check-up today and I am dilated to a 3 and 80 percent effaced. I know this doesn't always mean much. With Aspen I was the same way and she still didn't come for a while. But they did set a date to induce me if he hasn't come yet. April 9th which is a week early and also on my birthday. Many people have asked if I mind having Danny on my birthday and I don't at all. I think that would be the best birthday present ever. Plus that is the day my favorite doctor in the clinic is on call, so it works out great. I am so happy that there is a for sure end in sight. I will not be pregnant for longer than 3 weeks!!!! I just want to know what Danny will look like, what his little personality will be like. Will he be like my little brother Danny, will he look like him? I already love him so much and know he will honor his namesake! Danny we can't wait to meet. Wow I will be a mother of 2 in less than 3 weeks and I am so excited!!!
1 comment:
I am so excited for you and I know you will become an even greater mom with every child! What a blessing! I love ya tons!!
Post a Comment