Sunday, August 14, 2011

Camping

I am learning to really enjoy camping. And Tyler absolutely loves it so we took a quick trip up to Wasatch State Park in Midway for a 2 night camp out! Well we borrowed Kathy and Allen's tent not knowing that they didn't put the poles back in and as we went to set up the tent found out this little problem! So the kids slept in the car, which worked out perfect, and Tyler and I slept in a pole-less tent. We were just going to sleep under the stars, but the mosquitoes were out like crazy so the tent at least worked as a bug net! But it was so beautiful up there and I we will for sure camp there again. Its nice because its so close, but when you get there you feel so far away from everything! We got up there just in time to set up the tent and start a fire for roasting up some smores. The kids loved camping and Aspen keeps asking when we are going again!
Saturday morning we ate a yummy dutch oven breakfast and than went on a little hike close to our camp site. The kids loved Tyler's camel back and we are thinking of telling Santa to get them their own for Christmas! On the hike we came to this great spot on the river and the kids enjoyed throwing rocks into it. Aspen even got to use Daddy's binoculars! Than Tyler's parents came up for to spend some time with us. We ate lunch and than went down to feed the ducks. At the visitor center of the camping grounds they had a great pond and playground. While we were at the pond Danny learned to say the work "duckie" and even tried to go in the pond to chase them! After that we went on a hike through cascade springs and than came back and had some dinner! When the kids went to bed we even stayed up and played some games. It was so much fun to have Tyler's parents with us for the day.
All and it all it was a great camping trip! The first night in the tent was a little rough. I ended up so cold and couldn't sleep so Tyler got up with me in the middle of the night and built me a fire. Than I bundled up even more and went to bed. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep. Than the second night Tyler's parents brought up the poles for the tent and I put on even more layers. Thankfully I stayed warm and was able to sleep much better the second night! But other than sleeping I loved every second of spending time with my little family! I love being outdoors and enjoy the slow life of camping and don't even mind getting dirty. Danny and Aspen slept perfect in the car and even took a little nap on Saturday. They were perfect on the trip. I think they like being busy just as much as their parents!

No comments: